The following provides course information, as well as pricing, author, and educational credit information for the course you selected.
To order this course, click on one of the "Order" options at the bottom of the page.
||Learn The FMLA Rules And Requirements
FMLA usage is on the rise, and more and more employees are enforcing their rights through the courts.
When an employee misses work, it is the employer’s responsibility to determine whether FMLA applies. You can’t afford not to know the rules!
Training For FMLA Guidelines For Employers
Understanding all of the intricacies of the Family Medical Leave Act can be a daunting task, and if you misinterpret or unintentionally not comply with any of the FMLA requirements, your organization can be fined.
Whether you are new to employee benefits or are an experienced Human Resources professional, this course will provide all of the latest information on FMLA compliance and the FMLA guidelines for employers, including the intermittent FMLA guidelines. It also will help you understand questions such as:
Key Learning Objectives: FMLA Rules And Requirements
- When does FMLA start
- What does FMLA cover
- How long does FMLA last
- Can an employer deny FMLA leave
- Can FMLA be extended
- What can FMLA be used for
- Can you work while on FMLA
- How long can you be on FMLA
- Can an employer deny FMLA leave
- Can part time employees get FMLA
- Can an employer force an employee to take FMLA
- What can an employer do if it suspects FMLA abuse
More than just a read-along format typical in printed books, the course includes numerous examples, “Administrative Tips”, and “Procedural Recommendations”, as well as scenario-based, multiple choice interactive quizzes (with answer rationale provided) that test your ability to apply the correct procedures and processes learned during training that are key to FMLA administration.
When you complete your FMLA Training & Certification course, you should be able to:
Agenda: FMLA Rules And Requirements
- Distinguish between family leaves and medical leaves and know which are subject to the law
- Identify what constitutes a "serious health condition"
- Determine when an employee on intermittent leave has used up his or her "12 weeks"
- Understand the different considerations for determining a leave year, and the advantages and disadvantages of each approach
- Develop notices that comply with the various technical requirements of FMLA
- Comply with the DOL's employment restoration and benefit protection rules
- What to do to identify and investigate potential FMLA abuse
Types of Leave
- Purpose And Legislative History Of FMLA
- Employers Subject To FMLA
- Employee Eligibility Criteria
- State Leave Laws
- Family Leave
- Medical Leave
- Serious Health Condition
Administrative and Notice Requirements
- Leave Year Issues
- Coordination With Employer Leave Policy
- Intermittent/Reduced Schedule Leave
Employment and Benefit Protection
- Designation Of Leave
- Medical Certification
- Employee Responsibilities
EnforcementRules for Schools
- Benefit Maintenance
- Restoration To Position
- Special Rules for Schools
- Award-winning, easy-to-use interface that includes numerous "Administrative Tips" and examples that highlight key learning areas
- Interactive Q&A with answer rationale provided to help ensure learning and check your progress along the way
- Procedural recommendations that provide key processes and procedures
- Access via the Internet allows you to study at your pace and access materials anytime, anywhere
- Special "Bookmark" feature that allows you to learn at your own pace and quickly return to training if you are interrupted
- FREE updates when the law changes
- EIGHT hours of HRCI PHR and SPHR re-certification credits
- EIGHT hours of SHRM PDC re-certification credits
- Test to become a “Certified FMLA Administrator”. Your test is taken online and scored immediately, and you can download your Certificate right from your computer! You'll also be able to view any incorrectly answered test questions so you can improve any areas of weakness
Organizations enrolling three or more individuals also receive our Management Interface at no cost, allowing managers to view employee progress, test scores, and incorrectly answered test questions.
Prefer In-Person Training?
- This self-paced, online course consists of multiple “Lessons” of 20 to 30 minute duration, with a bookmark feature available. Approximate completion time is 8 to 10 hours for those who are new or slightly experienced FMLA administrators; 6 to 8 hours for experienced FMLA administrators.
- This course is sold as an annual subscription with four components: the training course itself; access to all training materials as a resource for one full year; free updates whenever the law changes, and; a Certified Administrator designation. Access to resource materials, free updates, and a new Certificate are available for subsequent years for a low renewal fee of $99 per year!
- Organizations with 100 or more employees requiring FMLA training can customize this course. Please call us at 770-410-1219 for details.
We also offer an in-person training seminar on both FMLA and ADA compliance. For more details, go to Certificate Program In FMLA & ADA Compliance
||Agenda/Table Of Contents/Course Outline
|Licenses / Designations / Educational Credits:
||Human Resources / Admin
|About The Provider:
||HRcertification.com offers seminars, webinars, audio conferences, and online training programs to help you better understand and administer the regulations and compliance requirements for COBRA, HIPAA, FMLA, ADA, Payroll, Retirement Plans, Cafeteria Plans, and other federally-mandated compliance areas.
We also offer specialized seminars for HR Generalists, and on conducting Internal Investigations, as well as advanced courses on Strategic Leadership and Internal Investigations.
Used by almost every major company and TPA in the country, each of our programs includes numerous tips, examples, recommended procedures, realistic scenarios, and interactive quizzes - all designed to help ensure you are learning.
Our programs also allow you to earn either a valuable "Certified Administrator" designation (for our online programs) or a Skills Certificate (for our in-person seminar attendees)! We also offer a "Certified TPA" Program for Third Party Administrators!
Our programs also qualify for HRCI's PHR and SPHR re-certification credits, as well as SHRM's SHRM-CP and SHRM-SCP PDCs. Seminar Policies
|Required Volume ||Discount||Discounted Price|
|Qty: 2 - Qty: 5||$20.00||$379.00 per unit|
|Qty: 6 - Qty: 10||$60.00||$339.00 per unit|
|Qty: 11||$80.00||$319.00 per unit|
||Contact Us For More Information
|Promotion(s) That Include This Course:
||FMLA Training & Certification Program w/ Procedures Manual and E-Alerts
PHR SPHR Re-Certification Suite - Leave Laws
Compliance Certification Promotion
Keywords For This Course:
FMLA Training, FMLA Rules And Requirements, Intermittent FMLA Guidelines, Online FMLA Training, Investigating FMLA Abuse