|401(k) plan implementation, communication, and administration are some of the hardest and most complex tasks undertaken by organizations.
Our 401(k) Plan Training & Certification Program is loaded with information on plan design, administrative options, and compliance requirements to help you understand the many and complex 401(k) rules.
More than just a read-along format typical in printed books, the course includes numerous examples, “Administrative Tips”, and “Procedural Recommendations”, as well as scenario-based, multiple choice interactive quizzes (with answer rationale provided) that test your ability to apply the correct procedures and processes learned during training that are key to 401(K) administration.
By taking this course, you will learn:
- What documentation is required to implement and operate a 401(k) plan
- Which employees can be specifically included or excluded from plan participation
- How to properly handle loans, distributions, vesting, and taxation
- How to properly administer plan forfeitures
- To understand and comply with non-discrimination rules and/or perform non-discrimination tests
- What fiduciary responsibilities your organization has to comply with annual reporting requirements
- Award-winning, easy-to-use interface that includes numerous “Administrative Tips” and examples that highlight key learning areas
- Interactive Q&A with answer rationale provided to help ensure learning and check your progress along the way
- Procedural recommendations that provide key processes and procedures
- Access via the Internet allows you to study at your pace and access materials anytime, anywhere
- Special “Bookmark” feature that allows you to learn at your own pace and quickly return to training if you are interrupted
- FREE updates when the law changes
- EIGHT hours of HRCI PHR and SPHR re-certification credits
- EIGHT hours of SHRM PDC re-certification credits
- Test to become a “Certified 401(k) Administrator”. Your test is taken online and scored immediately, and you can download your Certificate right from your computer! You'll also be able to view any incorrectly answered test questions so you can improve any areas of weakness
Organizations enrolling three or more individuals also receive our Management Interface at no cost, allowing managers to view employee progress, test scores, and incorrectly answered test questions.
- This self-paced, online course consists of multiple Lessons of 20 to 30 minute duration, with a bookmark feature available. Approximate completion time is 8 to 10 hours for those who are new or slightly experienced 401(k) administrators; 6 to 8 hours for experienced retirement plan administrators.
- This course is sold as an annual subscription with four components: the training course itself; access to all training materials as a resource for one full year; free updates whenever the law changes, and; a Certified Administrator designation. Access to resource materials, free updates, and a new Certificate are available for subsequent years for a low renewal fee of $99 per year!
- TPAs also can earn the prestigious "Certified TPA" seal for use on their websites, proposals, and other marketing materials. Please call us at 770-410-1219 for details.