The following provides course information and pricing information for the course you selected.
|Find A Class Near You:
||View Dates And Locations For This Seminar
||The Certificate in Employee Relations Law seminar provides the most comprehensive, practical, and up-to-date employment law training available.
This 4½ day seminar provides best practices, insights, and information on the full range of employee relations law issues. It is thorough and practically oriented, and covers all facets of employment law.
And best of all: you will learn how to avoid costly employment problems - while improving your employee relations and professional performance!
Taught by leading employment law attorneys from law firms such as Sherman & Howard, Paul Hastings, Littler Mendelson, King & Spalding, and Miller Canfield, you will learn practical implications of the law and what steps participants can take on the job to cope with the complex requirements of the various laws and regulations, including:
- A comprehensive understanding of all of today's significant employment laws and regulations, and the ability to know what to do about them in their own workplace.
- The skills to recognize and deal with problem situations. Subjects include coping with federal and state regulatory agencies and their requirements, compliance reviews and agency injunctions, negotiating and settling complaints, and minimizing exposure to litigation by learning what steps and policies to implement in the workplace.
- Complete information regarding current and expected future regulations, enabling your organization to anticipate and plan for the future.
Tens of thousands of past participants have told us that participating in the seminar:
- Improves on-the-job performance and skills...immediately
- Provides virtually all the information needed to function effectively in the employment law aspect of a job
- Increases confidence in dealing with complex employee relations law issues
- Helps participants to deal more pro-actively with employee relations law issues
- Enables participants to take concrete and specific actions to substantially reduce their organization's downside risk to expensive, time-consuming and risky litigation
- Increases the participant's value to their organization
- Provides participants with an excellent environment to meet colleagues and share ideas
The seminar is divided into three "blocks" of instruction. Block I (Monday-Tuesday) covers labor law in the union/non-union workplace. Block II (Wednesday-Thursday) is Employment Discrimination Law. Block III (Friday) deals with special issues. Course content includes:
- Overview of Laws Governing the Employer-Union Relationship
- Practical Guidance for Managing Non-Unionized Employees
- Changes in the Law and How they Affect You — The Election Process
- Collective Bargaining
- Strikes and Picketing Activity
- Operating Under a Collective Bargaining Agreement
- Successorship and the Law
- Ending the Union Relationship
- Various theories of sex discrimination, including such issues as pregnancy discrimination, employee benefits design and equal pay
- Sexual and other types of harassment, investigations and policies employers need to mitigate their risk of liability
- Trends in protecting the rights of persons based on sexual orientation
- Religious discrimination issues, including employer obligations to accommodate employees' religious practices
- Strategies and Practical Advice for Dealing with Issues Under the Americans with Disabilities Act and the Family and Medical Leave Act
- An Update on Developments in the Law Under the Age Discrimination in Employment Act
- Resolving Discrimination Claims Without Litigation
- Litigating Discrimination Claims
- An Examination of Affirmative Action
- Wage and Hour Issues
- Wrongful Discharge Litigation
Employment-Related Tort Litigation
Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Substance Abuse in the Workplace
- Workplace Privacy Claims
- Protecting Confidential Information
You will receive specially-prepared reference materials that serve as valuable on the job desktop reference manuals.
Monday-Thursday 8:00am-4:00pm. Friday 8:00am-12:00pm.
Continuing Education Credit
This program has been approved for:
- 29.75 HR(general) recertification credit hours toward PHR, SPHR, and GPHR
- 29.75, 29.75 PDCs towards SHRM-CP and SHRM-SCP recertification, 29.75 Continuing Education Credits towards CEBS recertification
- CSP, TSC and CSC recertification credits from the American Staffing Association
- HCS, SWP and MHCS recertification credits from the Human Capital Institute
- Continuing Legal Education in many states.
Don't wait! Register today!
||Agenda/Table Of Contents/Course Outline
|About The Provider:
||Founded in 1979, the Institute for Applied Management & Law, Inc. (IAML) is the nation's leading producer of comprehensive employment law seminars.
IAML offers practically-oriented seminars, webinars, DVDs and online learning for professionals requiring timely and accurate information in employment law; labor law, employee benefits law; and human resource management.
||Contact Us For More Information
Bring This Training To Your Location!
Keywords For This Course:
Certificate In Employee Relations Law Seminar, Employee Relations Law training, human resource, employment law, labor law, employment discrimination law, sexual harassment,wrongful termination, ADA, FMLA, legal compliance, personnel,workplace issues, SHRM, HRCI, EEOC, NLRB, Title VII, continuing legal education, CLE, PHR, SPHR, CEBS, social media, harassment, discrimination, unions, PHR, SPHR, GPHR, SHRM-CP, SHRM-SCP