Avoid The "I'm Brand New To HR, Where The Heck Do I Start?" Feeling!
In this 90-minute training session, you will gain valuable insight into what it means to "do HR" and how to gain clarity over your role, responsibilities, and authority.
The speaker for this program brings a wealth of knowledge and experience, with nearly 25 years in leadership and HR management.
She will share her practical experiences and "real world" knowledge of what it takes to be successful in HR, and teach you how to create a learning track of "must know" areas in order to be competent and create a good people management process in your organization for the "HR stuff" such as talent management, workforce training, compliance with laws, etc.
By attending this training session, you will learn how to:
- Understand HR's role and function in the organization
- Implement professional development strategies for getting up-to-speed quickly
- Clarify your role, responsibility, and authority in order to be effective
- Define HR's role as a "Chiropractor" in managing the organizational backbone
- Learn the "Life Cycle" of managing employees and critical areas that HR owns
- How to become a strategic business partner through building relationships as a trusted adviser and compliance consultant
- Understand negative trends in HR that lead to a bad reputation and cause HR to lose credibility in the organization
- Identify key areas of legal compliance that are a "Must Know" for HR professionals
- Understanding today's "Must Have" company policies for compliance with labor and employment laws
About Your Speaker
Natalie Ivey is President and CEO of Results Performance Consulting, Inc., a firm specializing in leadership and employee development training and continuing education programs for the HR profession.
Ms. Ivey is an author and a national public speaker with more than two decades of leadership and HR management experience with Fortune 500 organizations. She is a member of the Society for Human Resource Management and holds the Senior Professional in Human Resources certification (SPHR). Ms. Ivey is a nationally-known speaker on a variety of topics within the HR profession and is known for her "tell-it-like-it-is", direct approach to teaching HR education.
Ms. Ivey routinely works with individuals, small businesses, and larger corporations to address destructive leadership behaviors and organizational dysfunction. She designs customized training programs to help employers correct poor behaviors, minimize legal exposure, and improve performance and profitability.
This program has been approved for 1.5 re-certification credit hours for HRCI's PHR and SPHR designations through the HR Certification Institute. For more information about certification or re-certification, please visit the HR Certification Institute website at www.hrci.org. The use of this seal is not an endorsement by HRCI of the quality of the program. It means that this program has met HRCIs criteria to be pre-approved for re-certification credit.
SHRM Professional Development Credits
This program is valid for 1.5 Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP designations. For more information about certification or re-certification, please visit www.shrmcertification.org.
Cannot Attend The Live Presentation?
This presentation is also available in a recorded format, in On-Demand Or CD versions, as shown in the pricing options below.