The following provides course information and pricing information for the course you selected.
||Ironically, when a financial institution learns a deposit or loan customer has died, confusion and dread seem to be the normal reaction. We'll walk you through the complicated process of dealing with a customer's death - both on the deposit side and the loan side, as well as unique issues when doing business with the decedent's estate.
Topics of Discussion:
Who Should Attend:
- What documents are required upon the death of an individual?
- What actions should your financial institution take on deposit accounts owned by the decedent?
- How should your financial institution deal with the decedent's estate?
- What should your financial institution do if there isn't an estate?
- How should your financial institution handle "death" as a default on a loan?
- How will the new mortgage servicing rules impact mortgage loans where the borrower has died?
- What does every lender need to know about doing business with the borrower's estate?
- What steps can your financial institution take to protect its collateral after the borrower has died?
- How should your financial institution handle issues of guarantors, setoff and insurance once the borrower has died?
- How does the death of a key person affect the borrowings of Corporations, Partnerships, Limited Liability Companies, Trusts and other legal entities?
New account representatives, personal bankers, customer service representatives, lenders and loan operations personnel.
Terri D. Thomas is Senior VP and Legal Department Director for the Kansas Bankers Association. Prior to this, she was with "Bankers Choice," a financial consulting firm. Before this, Terri was employed in the financial industry for over twenty-three years in various capacities. Most notably, she served for fourteen years as in-house legal counsel and trust officer for Bank of America and its Kansas predecessors. Receiving her Bachelor of Arts degree from Kansas State University in 1985, Terri continued her education at Washburn University School of Law and obtained her Juris Doctor in 1988.
Previously, she served as an adjunct instructor at Washburn University School of Law and the University of Kansas School of Law and is a frequent presenter for banking schools and financial associations.
|Licenses / Designations / Educational Credits:
All US States: 2.5
All Canadian Provinces: 2.5
|About The Provider:
||Since 1983 Total Training Solutions has produced dozens of videotapes, CD-Roms, DVD's and web-based training modules. In addition to off-the-shelf products, Total Training Solutions also develops custom training products and consults with financial institutions to develop their own training curriculum.
For timely delivery of training topics, webinars or web conferencing is an unbeatable option. We now offer over 100 live programs per year and you can even purchase the recorded or ondemand session if you are unable to attend the live program.
We have worked exclusively with the financial industry since our founding. Because of this, we understand the needs of training departments in financial institutions and are alert to changes which affect the industry.
Attend the live session with the opportunity to ask questions to the presenter. You also receive a link to the handouts. All registrations for a live event will be given access to the OnDemand recording, at no additional cost, for seven days following the event. This will allow a flexible alternative when last minute conflicts intrude on scheduled events.
CD-Rom includes audio and video of recorded webinar plus hard copy handouts. You will also receive 6 months access to the OnDemand weblink as an added free bonus.
Includes a weblink for unlimited viewing for 6 months after the date of the webinar as well as a link to handouts.
Live + Recorded:
Includes all three options above. Live session, OnDemand Weblink, and CD-Rom plus Hardcopy Handouts.
Live + OnDemand:
Includes two of the options above. Live session and 6 months access to OnDemand Weblink plus link to handouts.
||Contact Us For More Information
Keywords For This Course:
Bank Accounts for decedents, POD