||This session will cover key lending consumer compliance regulations (highlights of the Equal Credit Opportunity Act, HMDA, Flood, RESPA, Truth in Lending, and Fair Credit Reporting). It will also include a Bank Secrecy Act overview outlining “Five Reasons Lenders Should Have BSA Training”. We’ll review "what’s old, what’s new, and what’s to come".
- BSA training for CIP in the lending area, due diligence for detecting potential money laundering activity and Suspicious Activity Report (SAR) basics*
- Fair Lending “best practices” and recent enforcement actions.
- Reg B requirements for the life of the loan including tips for taking an application.
- Overview of HMDA data collection, common problems and best practices; review of the “NEW RULES” that became effective on January 1, 2018.
- Overview of Flood requirements including the four trip wire events and changes for “detached structures” on residential property.
- “Integrated Disclosure” review for the coverage, timing, tolerances, and common disclosure problems.
- Special concerns about credit report accuracy, permissible purpose, and handling disputed reporting under the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
- Highlights of the most common errors in consumer real estate secured loans; tips to prevent violations.
- BONUS TOOLS
*(The new Beneficial Owner rules for “legal entities” that become effective May 11, 2018 will not be covered since this session is targeted to consumer and mortgage lenders).
- Matrix of 28 types of real estate secured loans (consumer & commercial) showing the requirements for applications, including overview information about TRID and HMDA requirements.
- “Matrix of suggested training topics by job function for consumer, mortgage, commercial lenders and for loan operations staff.
Who Should Attend
This informative session is designed for compliance officers, auditors, loan officers, loan assistants, and loan administration staff. This seminar is designed for both those new to lending regulations or more experienced personnel looking for a review of existing requirements. While there is an emphasis on the regulations that relate to real-estate secured lending, this session will be helpful to any employee who assists applicants with various types of loan requests.
Susan Costonis is a compliance consultant and trainer. She specializes in compliance management along with deposit and lending regulatory training.
Susan has successfully managed compliance programs and exams for institutions that ranged from a community bank to large multi-state bank holding companies. She has been a compliance officer for institutions supervised by the OCC, FDIC, and Federal Reserve. Susan has been a Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager since 1998, completed the ABA Graduate Compliance School, and graduated from the University of Akron and the Graduate Banking School of the University of Colorado. She regularly presents to financial institution audiences in several states and “translates” complex regulations into simple concepts by using humor and real life examples.
|Licenses / Designations / Educational Credits:
All US States: 2.5
All Canadian Provinces: 2.5
|About The Provider:
||Since 1983 Total Training Solutions has produced dozens of videotapes, CD-Roms, DVD's and web-based training modules. In addition to off-the-shelf products, Total Training Solutions also develops custom training products and consults with financial institutions to develop their own training curriculum.
For timely delivery of training topics, webinars or web conferencing is an unbeatable option. We now offer over 100 live programs per year and you can even purchase the recorded or on-demand session if you are unable to attend the live program.
We have worked exclusively with the financial industry since our founding. Because of this, we understand the needs of training departments in financial institutions and are alert to changes which affect the industry.
Attend the live session with the opportunity to ask questions to the presenter. You also receive a link to the handouts. All registrations for a live event will be given access to the on-demand recording, at no additional cost, for seven days following the event. This will allow a flexible alternative when last minute conflicts intrude on scheduled events.
CD-Rom includes audio and video of recorded webinar plus hard copy handouts. You will also receive 6 months access to the on-demand weblink as an added free bonus.
Includes a weblink for unlimited viewing for 6 months after the date of the webinar as well as a link to handouts.
Live + Recorded:
Includes all three options above. Live Session, On-Demand Weblink, and CD-Rom plus Hardcopy Handouts.
Live + On-Demand:
Includes two of the options above. Live session and 6 months access to On-Demand Weblink plus link to handouts.
||Contact Us For More Information