No matter what area of human resources you work in, a general foundation and understanding of compensation is important to have as compensation supports and links to many other programs and functions in HR.
It is no secret that well-structured compensation plays an important role in attracting, retaining, and motivating top talent.
This training session will help you gain a complete understanding of the basics of compensation, including:
About Your Presenter:
- What are the elements of a pay program and common compensation terms
- Compensation philosophy: what should be included
- The various types of direct compensation
- What pay considerations you need to be prepared to address
- The pay budget and what should be included
- How compensation is determined, including the why and how of Job Analysis and Job Documentation
- The types of Job Evaluations - and the advantages and disadvantages of each
- Key considerations in plan selection and implementation
- The process for market pricing and pay structure design
- Regulatory and legal issues in compensation
- Communicating and evaluating compensation programs as well as compensation resources and trends
- The Do and Do Not of Compensation
Cassandra Faurote, SPHR, CCP, SHRM-SCP, and President of Total Reward Solutions is a seasoned human resources consultant with 25+ years in the human resources field.
She has worked with companies from 40 to 4,000 employees in over 20 industries, helping clients in the areas of compensation and benefits, performance management, and reward/recognition programs.
Cassandra has a bachelor's degree in Business Management from Indiana Wesleyan University and holds three certifications to include Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR), Certified Compensation Professional (CCP), and SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP), and has served on the board for Total Rewards Indiana for seven years.
This program has been approved for 1.5 re-certification credit hours for HRCI's PHR and SPHR designations through the HR Certification Institute. For more information about certification or re-certification, please visit the HR Certification Institute website at www.hrci.org. The use of this seal is not an endorsement by HRCI of the quality of the program. It means that this program has met HRCIs criteria to be pre-approved for re-certification credit.
SHRM Professional Development Credits
This program is valid for 1.5 Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP designations. For more information about certification or re-certification, please visit www.shrmcertification.org.
Cannot Attend The Live Presentation?
This presentation is also available in a recorded format, in On-Demand Or CD versions, as shown in the pricing options below.