In order to be a successful HR professional, it requires knowing how to assert yourself in meetings, in one-on-one discussions with key decision makers, and in settings that require you to influence outcomes.
Being successful also requires knowing how to establish some personal and professional boundaries to avoid impacts to work/life balance and professional burnout.
In this training session from an HR veteran with 25 years experience, you will learn best practices for interacting with - and influencing - difficult department heads and senior leaders. You'll learn some tips for maximizing your work/life balance.
About Your Speaker
- Identifying communication challenges and developing strategies for dealing with department heads and senior leadership. For instance:
- Recognizing gender differences in communication: Strategic vs. Task focus
- Understanding Aggressiveness vs. Assertiveness: There is a BIG difference
- Identifying how to project a more confident, assertive presence through non-verbal body language
- How to adjust your personal communication style to wield more influence
- How to use brief interactions with others to maximize your influence and position
- Ways to create boundaries regarding workload and departmental "ownership"
- Meeting tips and techniques, including how to handle difficult individuals who try to intimidate and challenge you in front of others
Natalie Ivey is President and CEO of Results Performance Consulting, Inc., a firm specializing in leadership and employee development training and continuing education programs for the HR profession.
Ms. Ivey is an author and a national public speaker with more than two decades of leadership and HR management experience with Fortune 500 organizations. She is a member of the Society for Human Resource Management and holds the Senior Professional in Human Resources certification (SPHR). Ms. Ivey is a nationally-known speaker on a variety of topics within the HR profession and is known for her "tell-it-like-it-is", direct approach to teaching HR education.
Ms. Ivey routinely works with individuals, small businesses, and larger corporations to address destructive leadership behaviors and organizational dysfunction. She designs customized training programs to help employers correct poor behaviors, minimize legal exposure, and improve performance and profitability.
This program has been approved for 1.5 re-certification credit hours for HRCI's PHR and SPHR designations through the HR Certification Institute. For more information about certification or re-certification, please visit the HR Certification Institute website at www.hrci.org. The use of this seal is not an endorsement by HRCI of the quality of the program. It means that this program has met HRCIs criteria to be pre-approved for re-certification credit.
SHRM Professional Development Credits
This program is valid for 1.5 Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP designations. For more information about certification or re-certification, please visit www.shrmcertification.org.
Cannot Attend The Live Presentation?
This presentation is also available in a recorded format, in On-Demand Or CD versions, as shown in the pricing options below.