Learn How To Show Your Managers That HR Is Important!
Unfortunately, many managers don't fully understand the rationale behind them having to:
- Manage employees within the boundaries of employment laws
- Have good documentation to minimize legal risk
- Properly manage - and document - employee performance
- Handle conflicts with employees
- Manage employee relations' issues - and not send employees to HR like the Principal's office!
There are many factors that contribute to why managers don't "get it", and in this training session we'll discuss some of the root causes, as well as ways to proactively address the issue.
By attending this training session, you will be able to:
- Clarify roles and responsibilities, such as who owns what when it comes to managing people
- Identify HR's role in the organization and amount of "political horsepower" and influence
- Determine whether or not your current system is driving poor leadership behavior
- Identify senior leadership behavior that is "anti-HR" and isn't in line with values and policies - and what to do to turns things around
- Evaluate the organizational structure and hierarchy to identify reporting relationships and ratios that are crippling manager's ability to lead and manager performance
- Evaluate supervisor and manager job design to identify problems in being able to effectively lead direct reports
- Evaluate current leadership training and development using the Supervisor 101 checklist to recognize gaps in your training
- Learn informal training opportunities to strengthen competencies of managers, while simultaneously improving relations between HR and leadership
About Your Speaker
Natalie Ivey is President and CEO of Results Performance Consulting, Inc., a firm specializing in leadership and employee development training and continuing education programs for the HR profession.
Ms. Ivey is an author and a national public speaker with more than two decades of leadership and HR management experience with Fortune 500 organizations. She is a member of the Society for Human Resource Management and holds the Senior Professional in Human Resources certification (SPHR). Ms. Ivey is a nationally-known speaker on a variety of topics within the HR profession and is known for her "tell-it-like-it-is", direct approach to teaching HR education.
Ms. Ivey routinely works with individuals, small businesses, and larger corporations to address destructive leadership behaviors and organizational dysfunction. She designs customized training programs to help employers correct poor behaviors, minimize legal exposure, and improve performance and profitability.
This program has been approved for 1.5 re-certification credit hours for HRCI's PHR and SPHR designations through the HR Certification Institute. For more information about certification or re-certification, please visit the HR Certification Institute website at www.hrci.org. The use of this seal is not an endorsement by HRCI of the quality of the program. It means that this program has met HRCIs criteria to be pre-approved for re-certification credit.
SHRM Professional Development Credits
This program is valid for 1.5 Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP designations. For more information about certification or re-certification, please visit www.shrmcertification.org.
Cannot Attend The Live Presentation?
This presentation is also available in a recorded format, in On-Demand Or CD versions, as shown in the pricing options below.