The recently-passed Tax Cuts and Jobs Act is one of the most impactful tax changes to the US and US employers in decades. But these tax changes will mean changes to how you - or your payroll processor - handle payroll in the future.
Even if you outsource your payroll, there are still things you need to know. For instance, there are changes to supplemental taxation, withholding, and fringe benefits, so you'll need to know the validation steps.
Additionally, you'll get questions from employees on what the changes are and how it affects them, so you'll need to know how to properly handle these questions to make sure your organization is not held liable for bad information!
As such, this webinar provides guidance on what changes tax reform has brought – and what you need to do to update, implement, and communicate the changes at your organization.
By attending this audio conference, you will learn:
About Your Speaker:
- Review of what the Tax Reform bill is changing
- How to handle changes that are to be implemented in such a short period of time
- Overview of changes in Fringe Benefits to include, Transportation, Moving Expenses, Employee Achievement Awards, Legal Settlements, Wage Advance's and Repayments
- Update on the federal withholding changes, such as Supplemental Taxation, Back-Up Withholding, and Non-Resident Aliens
- Review of how the tax reform bill impacts the calculation of Federal Tax Levies
- Details of how Equity Compensation-Stock and RSU payment taxation is changing
- Review of potential form changes
- Learn best practices on how to communicate to employees how these changes impact them
- How to properly handle questions to make sure employers are not held liable for bad information
- Outline how these changes impact other payroll-related processes that you may not have thought about
Dayna Reum, CPP, FPC, is a payroll professional with over 15 years experience in both teaching and handling payroll.
Ms. Reum holds both a Certified Payroll Professional and a Fundamental Payroll Certification designation, and is a frequent presenter on various payroll topics. Dayna has worked for companies such as PetSmart, Honeywell, and the American Payroll Association.
Dayna also serves on the National American Payroll Association on the national Strategic Leadership Task Force, has received a Citation of Merit and is a Gold Pin member of the APA. She is certified in HR hiring and firing practices, and is a Six-Sigma Greenbelt.
This program has been approved for 1.5 re-certification credit hours for HRCI's PHR and SPHR designations through the HR Certification Institute. For more information about certification or re-certification, please visit the HR Certification Institute website at www.hrci.org. The use of this seal is not an endorsement by HRCI of the quality of the program. It means that this program has met HRCIs criteria to be pre-approved for re-certification credit.
SHRM Professional Development Credits
This program is valid for 1.5 Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP designations. For more information about certification or re-certification, please visit www.shrmcertification.org.
Cannot Attend The Live Presentation?
This presentation is also available in a recorded format, in On-Demand Or CD versions, as shown in the pricing options below.